POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : a couple of wierd things happened : a couple of wierd things happened Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  a couple of wierd things happened
From: James Taylor
Date: 2 Sep 2002 19:37:14
Message: <3d73f62a@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

While working on my IRTC entry I kept running into some weird behaviour, I
not seen in pov before - although I suspect it's more to do with my sloppy
coding than anything in pov.

1. When unioning or merging objects together like this:
    union{
        box{blah blah etc}
        sphere{blah...}
    }
I got an error message saying something like "no } found in union box found
instead"

2. I had disappearing objects - objects which I know are on camera, but
aren't rendered. Checking their location with min_extent and max_extent
shows they are where I think they should be. Drawing a box using the
bounding box from the extent calcs doesn't draw a box but the object that
disappeared.
i.e. like this:
    #local table = blah, blah etc
    #local MIN = min_extent(table);
    #local MAX = max_extent(table);
    object(table)
doesn't trace the table, but adding this line
    box{MIN,MAX pigment{Red} }
draws the table but not the red box.

confused yet?
jim